Thursday, October 18, 2007

Val Finishes Her 1st Marathon in Boston Qualifying Time!

Special congrats to Val Trax-Hattabaugh, a co-worker of mine, for her awesome Chicago Marathon finish - 3:47:57. Awesome in many ways:

  • It was her first marathon
  • She did it in the brutal heat
  • It's a Boston Qualifier and she wasn't even trying!
Val isn't expressing much interest in running Boston but we are working on her!

...and while we are here let me just say ONE more time - I not only knew Val would run under 4 hours I predicted a Boston Qualifier months ago! So satisfying being right. :-)

Congrats again Val and I do sincerely hope this isn't your one and only marathon because I know you can go way faster and I kind of suspect you actually liked doing this marathon.

2 comments:

WendyCity Productions said...

Janeth...!

NOVA and the Team Marathon Challenge Airs on WGBH-TV October 30 at 8:00 p.m.

http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/1/1_31/nova-and-the-team-maratho.shtml

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to Val. She makes it look so easy.