Thursday, October 18, 2007

Farmdale 33 Miler - Yikes!
















Congrats to Brian Gaines and Gayle Wagner, fellow ChiaDeads for completing last weekend's Farmdale 33 Miler! A 3 x 11 mile looped trail course in East Peoria.

This is the longest footrace ever completed for both of them and Brian now looks to his 50 miler on October 27th. On top of it all Brian had run the Chicago Marathon just the week before. He makes me feel like such a lazy bum as I'm still in "recovery" mode from my marathon.

For information on next year's race and this year's results go to http://www.farmdaletrailrun.com/

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks Janeth,

What a crazy fun day this was, I should scratch out the 33 and make it 34 considering that I took a wrong turn at mile 16 and had to backtrack to get back on course. Nonetheless, I was happy to finish after being out there for 7 hours 23 minutes, and oh, 11 seconds.

I can't believe I'm typing this, but I'm looking forward to my first 50 miler. Hopefully, my feet hold up and I am able to maintain a consistent pace as I wasn't able to do on the trails. Of course the Lakefront 50 miler being a flat paved course offers such possibilities. We'll have to see, but I hope to at least maintain a 12 min/mile pace. Good enough for a 10 hour race, just 1 hour below the cutoff point. Finishing is key, but if I can do better than a 12 mpm pace, it's just icing on the cake.

Btw, there's a course map for the new marathon distance at this same race. Here it is:

http://www.chicagoultra.org/docs/map-marathon.jpg

Brian