Friday, October 5, 2007

Marathon Weekend



Milwaukee Lakefront Marathon










Okay we are now entering Marathon Weekend!!

I wanted to wish Kelly, Brian, Val, Wes, Katie, Wendy, Mark, and members of the Dick Pond Racing Team, the swiftest of feet!
  • Val will be running her first marathon (she says it will be her one and only...we'll see).
  • Katie will be shooting for that Boston qualifying time.
  • Kelly will be attempting to add to her string of incredible PR's this year
  • Brian is happily returning from his injury.
  • Wes is running his first marathon and is raising money for Children's Memorial where he was once treated for Hodgkin's Disease. He was only 15 years old at the time. He is now an adult with a wife and beautiful daughter.
  • Wendy will attempt to walk/run the marathon as her back permits. Take it nice and easy girl!
  • Mark will be leading the 4 hour pace team.

I, of course to be difficult and different, will be running the Milwaukee Lakefront Marathon on the same day. I will be shooting for that Boston Qualifier.

Run fast ya'll!

-RunnerGirl

4 comments:

WendyCity Productions said...

Thanks, Janeth! I don't think I'm getting sick, I am just overly-tired. I think it's due to nerves and fear of sleeping through my alarm clock when it rings at 5:30 a.m. on Sunday! Oh, and I went to the Expo today and did so much walking in the wrong shoes that I now have a fabulous BLISTER on my right heel... in time for the marathon! Good luck with your race and I know you will qualify for Boston!

WendyCity Productions said...

How did your race go? Did you BQ?? I hope you had a better day than we had in Chitown!!!!

WendyCity Productions said...

I was interviewed by Channel 5 last night:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qn4VW5B_vVo

RunnerGirl said...

Hi Wendy!
Yes I did BQ! I ran 3:19:30 for 3rd overall at Milwaukee. Conditions at Milwaukee were brutal but not the carnage that was the Chicago marathon, that's for sure!

I'm getting my race report ready so hopefully in the next few days I'll post all the gory details.

I have some picts up at http://picasaweb.google.com/Janeth.Ohst/MilwaukeeMarathon2007

I know that you didn't get to complete your race on Sunday and I'm sorry but your footage explained everything! I glad that you are safe. How is your back?