Sunday, September 30, 2007

Training Log - September 24th - 30th, 2007

Weekly Summary
Total Miles: 28.3
It was an interesting week as the ankle really has taken a turn for the better. Pressing just below my ankle no longer causes any pain. I am keeping my ankle wrapped at all times, except when I'm sleeping, to be safe. It was also kind of a tough week to get out and do my runs. Two days where I had planned on running in the evening were effected by family needs, and with my trainer gone on vacation I didn't get in the usual pilates reformer session that really helps keep me loose and flexible, and I think that kind of put me a little off center.

One more week till the marathon! I probably won't do anything much different in the coming week, running wise, since I don't feel the need to taper from basically doing very little. I will concentrate on getting my sleep and hydrating during the week. I'm excited for next Sunday but also anticipate that its going to be a little uncomfortable in the later miles due to lack of long run time on my feet. I really have to be patient with my pacing....boy that's going to be hard!

Monday - 3.1
Treadmill at health club. Another fun day on the treadmill. No ill effects from yesterday's 10 mile tempo run. :-)

Tuesday - 0
Unexpected day off. Family drama in the evening kept me at home. Ugh.

Wednesday - 5
Northwest Side Run Shortened. Things continue to feel good as ankle is barely talking. I'm keeping things wrapped just to be safe.

Thursday - 0
Little boy sick and I was exhausted. Even missed piano lessons today :-(

Friday - 4.9
River Run. Nice beautiful evening run.

Saturday - 7.5
Things felt oddly difficult today. Ran with Church guys. Miss my pilates instructor as she is on vacation, maybe that's why my hips and hamstrings feel tight and out of sorts.

Sunday - 7.80.
Run with Dan. Better than yesterday but still feel tight and not very smooth.

No comments: