Monday, September 17, 2007

Training Log September 10th - 16th, 2007

Weekly Summary
Total Miles: 22.3
Well it was an up and down week with the ankle business. Some days it felt better, other days it just hurt and I needed to keep my ankle support on all day. I think this coming week I'm going to start incorporating more biking and/or eliptical training to keep myself moving and in some sort of shape as I feel like that is sliding away fast on me. I joined the health club here at work so that will give me access to the equipment I need. "Keep it moving" will be my motto and soon I hope to be able to run full strength again. :-)

Anyway its hard to be down when its CROSS COUNTRY SEASON. I love cross country and I'm a total junkie when it comes to following the high school team results!! With many friends serving as coaches at the high school level I kind of have a vested interest and I get all the "news". Love it!

Monday - 0
Elected day off

Tuesday - 3.73
am: A lot of ankle pain to start, warmed up during the run but I had to hobble around corners. Ankle did well the rest of the day with only slight soreness.
pm: pilates. Great session.

Wednesday - 3.73
Same-o same-o

Thursday - 0
Elected day off

Friday - 4.8
Ankle did much better on this treadmill. Improvement continues but slowly.

Saturday - 0
Elected day off

Sunday - 10
am: Time: 1:18:59 (7:53 min/mile). Ran with Dan. The usual, ankle hurts, then warms up, then hurts etc. Limping around turns etc. Ran with my ankle brace on. No change in ankle through rest of the day.
pm: 8 miles of biking riding with the family.

No comments: