Wednesday, April 29, 2009

A great big thanks!

A great big thanks to everyone who went out to view our entry in Nike's Believe in the Run contest, voted for us and helped us spread the word.

The contest allowed photo and video entries with awards given to each category. Our video finished in the top spot for all video entries and was 4th overall. It is now up to a panel of Nike judges to decide who will win in the video and photo categories. The score depended on votes, viewings, reviews left, and how "viral" the entry was. We were able to score points with viewing and votes coming from Europe, Asia and Africa, along with all the votes from the United States.

It was exciting to watch the video climb up the ranks but I'm glad its finally over so I can stop being so nervous :-)

A very special thanks to the following people:
My husband for helping me with footage, especially the sunset runs, and his never ending efforts to spread the word among his "non" running friends. The JustImagine site showed almost 5 thousand hits after they put up a link to our video.

My daughter for her ideas and willingness to be in my video project

AND drum roll here....
to Wendy, with great appreciation and admiration, for putting the bug in my ear about the contest and giving all her talents into putting the footage, photos, and voice over elements together in a way that truly represented the message I wanted to deliver combined with her own love of THE RUN. It wasn't just my story!

Have a great day everyone and I will let everyone know when the final results come out

2 comments:

WendyCity Productions said...

It's truly been a pleasure collaborating with you on this video. I hope we can do more together!

Love you!

Wendy

Sam said...

I really enjoyed the video and wish you the best in the final drive.