Friday, April 17, 2009

Boston Bound

It's hard to believe that its been a year since I had the honor of running Boston! I'm not going this year but I want to wish all my friends who are going.

Katie Owens (bib number 14158) ~ making her return appearance to Boston after running a PR 3:34:58 last year. Always humble Katie isn't making any claims of a great race ahead...WHATEVER...she will do fabulous as usual.

Val Trax Hattabaugh(bib number 18614) - is making her first appearance at Boston using her one and only marathon time from the 2007 Chicago Heat-athon - 3:47:57. A Boston qualifier the first time out! I immediately worked on convincing this "one marathon and I'm done" girl to go to Boston. Obviously she wasn't sold on it fast enough to run in 2008 but was able to enter the 2009 race. I'm excited to see how she does and I'm so glad she decided to run a marathon one more time.

John Garcia (bib number 8563) - the running news guy, see his blog http://runningnewsguy.abc7chicago.com/ is headed to Boston this year as well. Training has gone well and he's on a high after welcoming his fourth daughter into this world just recently.

Dick Pond Racing Team - Fast feet to all the members of my racing team that will be running Boston this year. Represent our team and sponsor with pride!

Remember all runners can be tracked during the race. Go to www.baa.org on race day. Click on the links that will only be visible on race day and by using their bib number you will be able to see every 5k split.

It's going to be hard to concentrate on work that day :-)

Run smart! Run fast! Enjoy!!

No comments: