Monday, January 19, 2009

It's been a while!

Happy 2009!

I can't believe I have not posted anything since Jenny's first pro competition in August. I got a little wrapped up in facebook and I've had a number of nagging injuries that kept me from really racing much.

I'm currently coming back from a really painful case of runner's knee and I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I'm going to finally be able to move forward after several attempts. Next week I get my new orthotics. It's costing me a bundle but I've really put it off for way too long. My original orthotics were stolen along with my shoes in a health club over 4 years ago and I've been limping (literally) on store bought inserts since. I'm up to 3 miles now every other day with my temporary orthotics. It feels good to run again but I still worry about every little tightness thinking that things are going to break down again AND I feel like a fat out of shape slob. I've not been able to run for some 8 weeks now.

My friends have accomplished many things over the last half of 2008 and I've neglected to post on that as well. I will see over the next week if I can put that in.

Here is to a great 2009, good friends, and great running!

RunnerGirlJaneth

5 comments:

Kelly Gaines said...

Hey Janeth!

I'm so glad that you're on the mend and am looking forward to hearing and watching your return to lots of kick-butt running this year!!

-Kelly

runningnewsguy said...

Hope the recovery is going well. Look forward to hearing about it. Jodie Cleveland (and Dan and Greg H) suggested getting together for a run. Hope to do it soon, and maybe you can join us.

RunnerGirl said...

John,
Recovery good so far. Running 3 miles at a time 4 times a week. Ready for a bump up this coming week!!
A group run would be fun. I still have to meet Jodie and Dan in person. Greg...well he's another story...haha.
RG

Sam said...

Good to see you're getting back in the groove and I wish you well this year. It was interesting to read that you are into the orthotics. I was skeptical until my chiropractor talked me into plunking down some pretty big change for a pair and it was a good decision. A side benefit of my orthotics has been NO BLISTERS! For years I thought blisters were just a part of the pain of running so good luck with the new underpinning. I hope you're pleasantly surprised.

Margo said...

Hi Janeth, It's Margo. I'm happy to have found your blog recently and am glad to find a fellow Naperville runner! I really enjoyed reading your Boston Marathon report, that must have been a wonderful experience! I also see that you know my XC coach, Mr. Iverson. He was actually the one who first got me into running, which I am very thankful for because I really LOVE running now! I ran on the XC team at North for my Junior & Senior years. I chose to just do XC & not Track because Track is just too hectic for me and XC is a nice short season and I'm sure you know that North always has a great group of girls!
Look over my running blog if you'd like ;) I actually took a long break from my blog just like you did.
I hope you stay healthy now and that you progress nicely back to where you were. I've heard that runner's knee can just be awful, so I'm sorry that you had to go through that! I hope you can start racing again in the coming months.
-Margo