Monday, June 4, 2007

Training Log - May 28 thru June 3 - 2007

Monday - 13 miles
Race day. Fox Trot 10 miler. warm up 2 miles, cool down 1 mile, race time 1:05:12, 3rd female overall. Great weather, consistent mile paces. Cool down was really hard as I was spent after the race. See race report for details
Tuesday - 3
5am. A slow and torturous 3 miler. Plans were for 5 miles but I was so sore, my back hurts, and there was just no go-juice in the legs.
Wednesday - 5
5am. Much better today but back is still not right. I will have to keep tabs on this as the last time I did something to my back I was out for 8 weeks.
Thursday - 7.75
5am. Warm up 20 min, 8 x (15'' @ 5k, 1' easy jog, 30" @ 10K, 90" easy jog). Not too bad today and I had some nice easy flowing turnover. The back is improving but it did talk to me a bit during the workout.
p.s. come evening I was so tired I totally crashed on the couch after dinner
Friday - 6.75
5am. Easy run, back still being a pain. Will address with heat and ice this evening and take some advil. Got a race tomorrow that I may have to call off but I will see...
Saturday - 9.2
Race day. Warm up 1.5, cool down 1.5. Wheaton Run for the Animals 10K race time 39:59, fifth female overall, 1st AG 35- 39. Started off too fast but rest of splits just a slow decline mile by mile. Just plain tired and worried about the back. Still not all that bad in that I wanted to break 40 minutes and as always I love racing with my team. We took the top 7 spots!! See race report for more details.
Sunday - biked
Decided that I needed to cross train today and I went out and biked around to get the legs moving. Continued with icing my back.
Weekly Summary:
Total 44.7 miles. Very pleased with my 10 mile race results. It was a good indicator of where I'm at in my condition and I know where to go from here. I will have to give more consideration to the idea of taking the day off after a race (or some form of cross training), my body just isn't recovering as fast as it used to and the course in Elgin is not the easiest. Unfortunately I had to follow the 10 miler up with a race only 5 days later (team commitment) and that was tough.

No comments: