Monday, June 25, 2007

Training Log - June 18 thru June 24 - 2007

Monday - 0
Terrible night of sleep preceeded by two nights of not enough sleep. Took today off to try and get myself geared up for the rest of the week.
Tuesday - 6.3 + 3.38
Slept in and did my miles before and after my pilates session. Felt really good. Pilates session also very good.
Wednesday - 6.05 + 3
AM run a little tiring because of last nights run but not too bad.
PM run hard as it was really hot and I was pushing Erik in the jogging stroller.
Thursday - 5.3 + 3.8
AM still not getting the sleep I need. Cut run a little shorter than planned.
PM run better but I really took it at an easy pace.
Friday - 6 + 2
AM things continue to not go well for me in the sleep department. Why is there so much to get done every night?? Tired run with Jenny and Brian.
PM Pilates and 2 miles afterwards.
Saturday - 15.15
High 50's and relentless rain without the usual running partner kind of led to a slower than usual run. 2hrs 6min (no mile splits). Didn't feel like a struggle but there was this underlying feeling of fatigue and I felt cold by the end of my run. Took a good nap later in the day.
Sunday - 8
Covered the miles by running to the triathlon in Naperville and running around the course to cheer on my friends Jenny and Kelly. Parts of run where hard efforts as I dashed to different parts of the course. Due to the difference in start times for Jenny's and Kelly's wave I was able to cheer for each individually as Jenny was done before Kelly's wave even started. This was fun and a great way to end the week. Jenny won the elite wave and Kelly looked focused and strong during her wave (21) improving on her last year's time.
Weekly Summary
Total Miles : 58.98
I entered this week with the goal of popping over 60 miles. Its been a while since I've done that kind of miles and I've been building for a few weeks so I thought I would drop the intensity and add a number of double runs to see how I did. Its been over 8 years since double runs were part of my daily routine and they can take their toll. Well thanks to a terrible week of sleep (some my fault, others not so much my fault) it wasn't the best of weeks. I had to lower distances at several runs and I was always playing catch-up on sleep on the train (Andy had to actually wake me up when we got to Union station on one morning as I wasn't even aware that the train had stopped). Okay so I got the message. This next week will have to be better. I plan on double running only on tuesday and thursday and upping the mileage a bit on my single run days. Lets see how it goes....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry to hear you had a sh*tty sleep earlier in the week. I hope you're more well-rested now.

Impressive mileage, perhaps that's why you're tired?!? ;-) keep up the great work Janeth.

Brian

Anonymous said...

Come back to my blog and check out where the foot pain/discomfort is located on my foot; I posted yet more photos. Also, I posted a couple of non-foot-related photos too ;-).

Brian