Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Brian and Kelly's Very Busy Weekend

Congratulations to Brian on his outstanding finish at the Clinton Lake 30 miler. The Clinton Lake 30 miler is a 3 x 10 mile trail loop near Bloomington/Normal and having run just one loop there last Thanksgiving I know it's definitely some challenging terrain. I certainly struggled with it. Good job Kelly on going along with Brian on his last loop. By Kelly's description she had to work to keep up with Brian and this was his last loop. This bodes well for Brian's 100K in May. Get to work Kelly, we can't have him showing you up again, he gets so annoying when that happens! (totally kidding)

It was awesome to hear that Brian performed better than he had expected! It was driving me crazy all Saturday not knowing how he was doing so I had to call before the day was over. Hey race director how about a chip mat to mark each loop and a way to track online? Oh I forgot, that would be very un-ultra like, I guess I'm one of those spoiled marathoners :-) I'll just have to drag my butt out here next time to watch for myself!

Read all about the race and see this year's results at http://www.secondwindrunningclub.org/Clinton/Clinton.htm


Brian completing his 1st loop



The next best thing to an ice bath - a freezing cold lake!



Now where would we be without our crew support? - Brian and Kelly




Okay now we aren't really done here because then Brian and Kelly show up on Sunday to the Shamrock Shuffle 8K and race yet again! Aren't they tired yet??

Congrats Brian! Its going to be a great year!

For Brian's complete race report see
http://briangaines.blogspot.com/2008/04/clinton-lake-30-mile-trail-run-race.html

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dang RG, THANKS! for the kind words. The weather was perfect this day and things just seemed to go right for me. I really didn't waste time at aid stations to let my body cool down and just kept moving forward. I didn't want to waste all the energy I had during each loop. I felt that I could have probably gone another loop based on how I felt without much problem; I just hope that McNaughton treats me with the same outcome.

I'm in the middle of writing up my race report from this day and will have it up on my blog in the next couple days.

Thanks again!!

Brian

denalifc said...

RG that was brill.Guess I better finish my one loop then sit in chair and enjoy some cold pizza report!! (oh then also go to Shamrock to work)

Anonymous said...

Waiting for that Boston report ;-)

RunnerGirl said...

That little situation with my son fracturing his elbow kind of put me behind schedule...

Kyla ran a 8:47.5 mile in her race yesterday...