Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Absurd News

Cow Falls Off Cliff and Hits Van

By Associated Press
12:51 PM CST, November 6, 2007

MANSON, Wash. - Charles and Linda Everson were driving back to their hotel when their minivan was struck by a falling object -- a 600-pound cow.

The Eversons were unhurt but the cow, which had fallen off a cliff, had to be euthanized.

The year-old cow fell about 200 feet from the cliff and landed on the hood of the couple's minivan, causing heavy damage.

A Chelan County fire chief, Arnold Baker, said the couple missed being killed by a matter of inches in the accident Sunday on a highway near Manson.

The Eversons, visiting the area from their home in Westland, Mich., to celebrate their first wedding anniversary, were checked at Lake Chelan Community Hospital as a precaution.

Everson, 49, said he didn't see the cow falling and didn't know what happened until afterward.

He said he kept repeating: "I don't believe this. I don't believe this."

Can you tell I'm really bored today??

2 comments:

WendyCity Productions said...

Poor cow!

WendyCity Productions said...

You posted this on my blog:

"It's sad seeing pictures of Ryan on the starting line of the trials knowing his life was almost over.

My prayers are with his family and friends."

I, too, watched the live online feed of the trials. I didn't hear the announcement about Shay dropping out; however, I took note of the part in the race where the ambulance got in the way of the lead pack. My blood chills a bit realizing that it was probably carrying Ryan. Since Saturday, I've been all over the 'net reading the posts on Runnersworld and Letsrun.com. When I saw Alicia's photos, I about lost it! On Facebook, there's a group called "R.I.P. Ryan Shay" that I've joined. There are hundreds of people posting about Shay, and three of his brothers have, too, thanking everyone for their support.

Tonight, I taped Ryan Shay's name to my running jacket sleeve before heading out for my training group run. A few people noticed it and said, "that's so cool". I plan on wearing it on my jacket for the remainder of the winter to motivate me during the coldest months, to remind myself that even the worst run is better than what Shay's family is going through right now!