Thursday, August 9, 2007

For you triathlete fans!

Take a look at Jen Harrison's site http://www.jenharrison.com/!
She's a friend I met through some runner friends a few years back.

So let's count all the Jen's I know.
Jenny Garrison (triathlete and training partner, at least for the running part)
Jennifer Harrison (friend and sometimes race competition)
Jennifer Broughton (friend, neighbor)
Jen Skrowronski (my personal trainer)
Jenny Spangler (college teammate, old training buddy)

Reminds me of a skit I saw on the comedy central show Kids in the Hall where one of the guys does a song about all the Dave's he knows and by the end of the skit he's singing his song while walking down the street with all these Dave's following him and singing along
"These are the Dave's I know, I know, I know, these are Dave's I know!"
Very funny, really. :-)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8b-N28eG2go
Thanks Russ for this link :-)

By the way I also work with 4 Dave's .... all in the same department!

4 comments:

Jennifer Garrison said...

I so miss running with you. It stinks to be slow and alone. Next summer I will be there. Good luck this weekend.

Anonymous said...

GOOD luck at CDC, Janeth!
We need to do a little "RUN" reunion party with Jenny!!
Jennifer H

Russ Foster said...

This year's Shamrock Shuffle, I rode down with a running friend of mine named Russ. We met two friends of mine from the Downers Grove Running Club, both named Matt. The four of us were talking when friends of the Matt's walked by, Jaime and Vi. Just at that time, my friend Jaime walked by and, within minutes I got call from my friend Vi who had just finished the race. Out of 8 people in the circle, we had 2 Russ's, 2 Matt's, 2 Jaime's, and 2 Vi's. (This is not a joke).

For your Dave listening pleasure, here's the video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8b-N28eG2go

RunnerGirl said...

Thanks Russ for the link to the "Here are the Dave's I know" video. Okay so maybe I exaggerated about the 100 Daves following him at the end of the skit but funny things often become funnier in my memories! :-)